Wednesday, November 11, 2009

PROJECT: Pasta Sauce

This was a bad year for growing tomatoes...cold and wet summer...our garden tomatoes did very well but we just ate them all...I did get a half bushel out of our Amish farm folks...but they wanted to keep what they had left...so I made tomato vegetable juice with those...but for this here sauce I purchased Don Pepino crushed tomatoes in the large size cans...add olive oil, dry basil, dry oregano, and plenty of fresh garlic...simmer it up for a while and don't burn the bottom...



Boil up your quart jars and funnel...






Looks ready to put up...



Load up the jars...



Wipe down the jar tops...leave 1/4 inch head space...




Simmer the lids in water...line it up and put it on...


Tighten down the bands...


Process in boiling water for 10-15 minutes or so...



Let cool and here is the finished product...



Beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I just wanted to say this is great name for a blog and I think you have some fabulous posts so far! Keep up the good work, I will be back to see what you are up to.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Rosey

    ReplyDelete